Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tubes


Cooper got his tubes put in the Friday before Madison's party! We had to be at Texas Pediatric (in Keller) at 6:15am! That was an EARLY morning for all of us. The night before I was trying to prepare Madison for the early wake up. I told her I'd be coming in to wake her up early in the morning and it would still be dark outside. She looked at me and said, "I just want to wake up by myself Mommy" Me too Madison, Me too!

The night before we couldn't give Cooper anything but water after midnight and then NOTHING after 5am. He's been waking up about 4:00 for a bottle so we woke him up at midnight to feed him one last time. He still woke up at 4:00 and when I handed him water he was not happy. So we played in the living room for awhile and then I just put him back in his bed and he ended up going to sleep. I on the other hand did not. My alarm went off at 5 and the day started.
We didn't wait long and the surgery was SO FAST. From the time they took him until we were called back in was only about 15 minutes. It was so hard seeing him coming out of the anesthesia. He was so out of it and screaming. He had blood coming out of his ears and some mixed in with the spit coming out of his mouth! He was NOT happy. He cried the whole way home. He took a few short naps throughout the day but never a good long one. I think he needed that. He was really fussy (and continues to be really fussy) all day. By around 6pm that night we started noticing him being back to normal. He started playing and smiling and wasn't quiet so fussy.
I sure hope these things work! I guess we'll see when he goes back to daycare in August. He hasn't had an ear infection since he's been home for the summer. Hopefully we've seen the last of ear infections!
The first picture is him when we were getting out of the car at Texas Pediatrics. The second one is from the waiting room! He was all smiles then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

His sister sure loves him!!
NaNa