Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday!


We celebrated Cooper's First Birthday at our house with our family! Our family is so big that it's hard to invite friends when we have it at the house because our house just isn't big enough! A lot of people couldn't/didn't come so we ended up having plenty of space. I did a sports theme since he's so into balls right now.


I LOVE this picture.
I was baking the cupcakes for Cooper's party and Madison always licks the spoon when I make cakes/cupcakes. Cooper was very interested in what she was eating and wouldn't let it go so I dipped a small spoon in the batter and let him have some. He couldn't finish it fast enough. He loved it!

Here are some pictures of the house

Our wall of photos...newborn to 12 months!








When everyone was here we let him open his presents! He opened the first one and then he was more interested in the paper and boxes. His sister and cousins didn't give him a chance to open up much more because they were too fast. I had to keep pushing them back.






He loved hitting this box! He kept going back to it.
He got lots of trucks/cars, some tools, a piano, diapers and money!


These two wouldn't stay away from the cupcakes. I think Ethan had his face in one within minutes of being here. Every time they had a chance they were both back at the table staring at the cupcakes.

After we finished opening presents, Trent grilled some hamburgers and hotdogs and we had dinner.



The kids played while everyone finished eating!



Cooper with his Grandparents and Great-Grandmom! (His Grammy couldn't come because she had to work so Papa is alone in his picture)



My sweet ONE year old! How crazy is that?!?


About to get his birthday cake!


As we were singing and before I could get a picture he grabbed his candle so he was not happy!

but he quickly recovered and got right into the cake. He was not shy at all...






She made a big mess too! I think she was trying to be like her brother since he was getting so much attention.


Nana and Pa gave Cooper a bath and got him all cleaned up for me!

We had a great day and are so thankful for all the family that took the time to come celebrate with us on Cooper's special day!


Madison crashed in our bed with a sucker! My comforter now has a purple drool stain :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry!!! He really did enjoy his cake.
Nana and Pa