Saturday, July 2, 2011

Our baby girl is 4!!!


I simply CAN NOT believe I have a 4 year old! It seems like only yesterday I was pregnant with her. I didn't think I could love her more than the day she was born but I love her more and more each day. She has such a kind, loving heart! We are so thankful we were blessed with such a sweet, smart, loving little girl.

Her birthday was on a Tuesday and her party wasn't until that next Saturday! That morning when she woke up she came out and said "my birthday cake isn't out". It's so hard making a 4 year old understand the difference between your real birthday and your birthday party with friends. I told her we could go get ice cream later for her birthday. She was more than ok with that.
My original plan was to get her a new comforter for her birthday because hers has fallen apart in the washing machine. Other things put that on hold at the last minute and I didn't have time to go get her anything. I decided we would let her go to the store and pick out some things that she wanted. I think she really enjoyed it! Before we went to the store we let her pick where she wanted to eat lunch. She picked Bueno! Then we headed to the store...with lots of excitement and giggling.
She picked out a Justin Bieber barbie that sings (so annoyed with that in the first 5 minutes), a jump rope, a baby car seat and a barbie pool set. She had so much fun picking out her toys.



After nap time we went to the pool, another request from the birthday girl. This was our first trip all summer!! #1 because I have only been out of school 4 days and 2 of those we were in Sherman. #2 I haven't been feeling well.


Then that night after dinner we went to Braums. Madison's choice. She LOVES their chocolate ice cream. She even shared it with her brother! She's such a sweet big sister. :)


Overall I think she had a pretty good birthday--lunch at one of her favorite places, trip to buy some new toys, swimming and ice cream! Next up is the big party at Going Bonkers! :/

1 comment:

Grammy Laurie said...

Cute, I was wondering if she would understand her real bday, vs party day.