Monday, September 5, 2011

Looking back at summer

I complained about being sick all summer and I honestly wouldn't want to do it again but it did make us have a slow paced summer. Looking back, as summer was coming to an end, I was able to appreciate our time at home together. Typically, we stay busy and go, go, go every day from the time we wake up until the time we go to bed. (I'm not good at just sitting) This summer was so different.
We still got up early (between 7-8:30) but we spent an hour or so laying on the couch in our jammies watching some of the kids favorite shows. Some days we'd still be in our pj's at the dinner table. How nice is that?? I got to eat a lot of Madison's creations from her kitchen, we played board games while Cooper took naps, we played house and school and colored a lot. I got to play cars with Cooper and throw endless amounts of balls. The kids dressed up in princess clothes (yes, Cooper too), read lots of books and just enjoyed being together.
Sometimes in the rush of life I forget to slow down and enjoy the small things. This summer allowed me to do that. For that I am grateful. Now when 3:00 hit, I was in bed and Trent had to take over. That seemed to be the time that my medicine wore off everyday and would never work again. Even though it wasn't the summer I had been counting down to, it was a good summer. I loved being home with my own babies for a short time.

No comments: