Sunday, June 24, 2012

Madison is FIVE

I CAN NOT believe we have a 5 year old! A.5.YEAR.OLD!!! Where has the time gone? I made a sign and hung it in the hallway so she'd see it right as she came out of her room and we hung balloons everywhere--on her door, in the hallway, and in the kitchen. I wanted to make her feel special on her birthday. I actually was out running when she woke up so I didn't get to see her reaction. Trent said she just smiled real big. As soon as I got home she wanted to open her present. 



Trent had to go to workout camp so we had a relaxing morning. Cooper actually woke up sick--running 103.5 temperature. Madison wanted eggs and biscuits for her birthday breakfast so we had that and then she played with all her new baby gear. 
 She must have gotten worn out from all the birthday excitement


When Trent got home the girls and I headed to the pool. We originally were all going to go but since Cooper was sick Trent decided to stay home with him. I felt bad for Madison because I couldn't get in and play much. I did take Karsyn out (her first time to actually get in the water) so Madison could swim to me for a little bit. Then we sat on the side --Karsyn in her stroller-- and watched Madison play. She loves 'diving' for these rings. She drops them right by the steps but she does go down all by herself to get them! This girl could swim all.day.long!

 this one crack me up because she's holding onto the pole but trying to get a ring off the bottom of the pool



 I let Madison hold Karsyn on the way home from the pool. She thought she was SO big because she wasn't in her booster seat AND she got to hold her sister! 

After the pool we rested for awhile...

 silly kid copying his sister--he was starting to feel better after having a rotation of tylenol and motrin all day long


We got ready and headed to Olive Garden per Madison's request! This is her favorite place. She loves the fettuccine alfredo. Cooper started going down hill again so he spent most of the meal laying on Trent in the booth. 

After Olive Garden we got dessert at Yogurt Story -another one of Madison's favorites. Cooper was super grouchy by now so he's not in any pictures! 

I sure hope our girl had a special day and knows how much we absolutely love her. 

Friday we spent the day making Hello Kitty cookies and decorating them and making cupcakes for her party! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll have gotten some use out of that little chair.
Nana