Monday, August 20, 2012

Camp Copass

Camp Copass always marks the beginning of another football season. If I can survive Copass then I feel like I've accomplished something and the rest of football season isn't so bad. I guess?!?

Trent left Tuesday morning and didn't come home until Friday afternoon. He was home for the weekend and then left again Monday morning and came home Thursday night, late! We were able to go out two nights- one night each week. The kids LOVE going. They love running around, digging in the dirt, playing with their cousins, and seeing their Daddy!

 
This was Trent's 9th year at Copass! It's crazy that he is going into his 9th season....makes me feel old. Melanie and I often talk about how our Friday nights have changed over the years. I was student teaching during Trent's first year at Liberty. I worked in Lewisville but we lived in Sanger. Instead of driving home and then turning right back around to go to Denton, I would go to Melanie's work and wait for her to get off. We'd change and freshen up in the bathroom at her work and then go eat dinner before heading to the game. We'd get to the game before it started and sit and WATCH the game. We went to all the games, home and away. Then we added a kid. We would still meet and eat out sometimes and still went to all games. Then they left Liberty for awhile and I added two kids. Then she came back and we kept adding kids. Now we only go to home games and we meet early at one of our houses, show up right before half and we're lucky to watch some of the game. Ha!  We wouldn't trade it for anything. One day we'll be able to watch the games again. Until then, we will enjoy these 6 kids!

No comments: