Saturday, December 22, 2012

Decorating for Christmas

We decorated the weekend before Thanksgiving! I don't know who is more excited, the kids or Trent and I? We love Christmas time--the lights, the decorations, the excitement and wonder, the special times with family and friends and most of all remembering and teaching our kids why we celebrate.
 
 I love this one!
 Madison or Cooper were taking pictures, I can't remember. That's bad, I know!


 The nutcracker was 'eating' m&m's! I can't tell you how many crushed m&m's I found.
 This girl LOVES to decorate! She wants to do it all.
 Cooper actually helped a lot this year too. He was definitely more interested than last year.

 After we finished in the living room, they went to do their tree in their room.



 It still has a lot of pink from when it was just Madison's tree. We should probably change out the ribbon. I figure before long Cooper will be back in his room and Karsyn will be with Madison and then they can have all sorts of pink. I let the kids pick out a pack of ornaments at Hobby Lobby. Cooper chose footballs so there are some 'boy' things on the tree. You just can't see them in the picture.

The next morning I made m&m cookie and the kids ate one fresh from the oven for breakfast while watching a Christmas movie. It was the perfect start to our Thanksgiving break.

 I forgot to take our family picture after all the decorating so I took one the next day! Yes, Madison is in the same clothes. They are clean. The minute I wash them she puts them back on. This is her favorite outfit. I sure love these three and am so thankful God chose Trent and I to be their parents.
  
Like I said in a previous post, she gets into everything. She has decided this is her favorite spot. She crawls back there to play with the ornaments. When I get onto her she will stop, look at me and smile. As soon as I look away her hand is right back up there. Stinker. At least she's cute. 

No comments: