Sunday, December 16, 2012

Last home game...

that Trent will ever coach!
He has decided after 9 years of coaching that this will be his last! You would think that I'd be jumping for joy excited to have a husband again, but it's weird. Don't get me wrong, I am DEFINITELY happy but it's all I've known. We got married in July of 2004 and the day (or maybe two) after we got back from our honey moon he left me for two weeks of football camp. Being a coaches wife is all I've ever known. It took me about 3 years to get used to it but I did.
I won't know what to do next August when he doesn't leave me for two weeks, when he's home on Thursday and Friday nights and all day Saturday. It will be wonderful! I will miss cheering him on, on Friday nights. I guess we can go cheer the Warriors on together. :)
Starting next year he will only be teaching. He will keep his math classes and add two more classes to cover his athletics period. He's hoping he can pick up Bible classes. He will be home every day by 4:30. What a change we have in store. I'm looking forward to it.

This was a bittersweet night. He coached 3 more games after this one but this was the last game at home. One journey is coming to an end while another is just beginning. I'm looking forward to what's in store for our family.
 


No comments: