Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pray for Andrew Heard

Andrew Heard used to coach at Liberty. His wife is a graduate of Liberty. He has been battling brain cancer for some time now. They have a young daughter and are just starting their family. It's heartbreaking to hear their story but amazing to see the faith they have in Jesus. I only pray I could be as strong as they are if I were ever put in that situation. Hearing their story makes me so thankful for Trent's health, my health and the health of our three children. It's something that we so easily take for granted.
Liberty decided to make a shirt and sell it to the whole school -ECE through High School- and dedicate a day to the Heards. All profits would go directly to them to help with their medical bills. Let's be honest, when you have to wear uniforms the kids (mainly talking about the older kids...middle school and high school) will do (or buy) anything to be able to wear jeans. It was a great opportunity for us to share his disease with our kids and be able to pray for him and his family at night. To this day they still bring him and his daughter up in their prayers. I'm so thankful for their sweet hearts. I know they don't understand the magnitude of what he is battling and I hope they never have to first hand. I'm thankful for the time we get to spend praying for a miracle to occur.

No comments: