Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Walmart story...


This past Saturday we took our normal trip to Wal-mart to buy groceries. Usually Madison starts out sitting in the basket, then moves to standing in the back and sometimes we let her walk. On this particular trip we told her she could walk if she stayed with us. She was doing REALLY well so we let her walk the majority of the trip.When we were checking out Madison was looking at the candy as Trent was unloading the basket. I told Trent "I'm gonna run to find a gift card for Madison's teacher". I knew Madison was looking at the candy but didn't think anything of it. When I walked back around the corner she has a sucker in her mouth and says "sucker mommy". Not only had she opened it and was eating it but she managed to open the $1.00 suckers!! I couldn't help but laugh. The girl knows how to get something. This was after we had already taken some cleaner out of the basket that she threw in for us. THEN, as we were unloading groceries into the trunk I saw some Elmo bowls. I asked Trent if he had gotten those for her. He had not. I had seen her carrying them around but I was ok with it because it was keeping her happy. I just assumed she had put them down somewhere....little did I know it was in my basket. So she made it out with a cool sucker and some Elmo bowls! I better watch out otherwise my Wal-mart bill might get really expensive!

The sucker was VERY messy!!!!

2 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

I love that girl :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like she picked the best sucker in the candy section 8-) She liked it anyway. GL