Saturday, August 22, 2009

Gotta Love 2 Year Olds...

This morning Madison and I made our weekly trip to buy groceries. Trent was at work planning for next weeks football game. We got home and I was unloading the groceries while Madison was gathering all her babies, purses and everything else we have to take when we leave the house. I had all the groceries inside and on the counter so I told Madison to wait inside while I ran out to get my purse and her diaper bag. 2 seconds later I go to open the door to go back inside and IT'S LOCKED!! I hear Madison on the other side of the door so I ask her to unlock the door. I hear her start turning the door handle and she says "I can't do it". So I call Trent and tell him and he immediately says he's on his way. Luckily he only works about 10 minutes away (at most)! While I'm waiting on him I go around back to see if she can unlock the glass door. She can't. So I tell her to crawl out the dog door. So she crawled out and we went out front to wait on Trent.
We knew this was bound to happen so it's our own fault. She's been shutting the doors inside for awhile and just recently started locking them. But we've always been in the room with her. Needless to say, I'm going to go get an extra house key made SOON!

Earlier today she made me laugh because we were in the car (on our way to buy groceries) and her new thing to say when we are in the car is "I wanna hold you...in the car". She used to always ask me to hold her while we were in the car. I would always say "I can't hold you in the car" so now she has added in the car. Today she had been asking 'to hold me' and we were stopped at a red light and she said "this is driving me crazy" (not knowing what she was talking about) I turn around and she her messing with her car seat straps. What 2 year old says that? Obviously one that has heard someone say that. It made me laugh. She definitely keeps me on my toes these days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for doggie doors!!
The thing you didn't want her to learn, you had to tell her to do!
NaNa and Pa