Monday, February 15, 2010

Mom's 50th Birthday

My mom turns 50 on February 24th. We had a surprise party for her this past weekend. She had no clue and was VERY surprised. I had called her over a month ago asking if she could come babysit for us. We knew that was the only FOR SURE way we could get her to come. :)

Her and Ron came in Friday afternoon. Of course, Madison had them go play in the snow with her right away. Then we loaded up and went to Dickey's for dinner. After dinner, we stayed up visiting and playing until 10:30. A late night for all of us.

Saturday she thought I was going to meet up with Trent and the other coaches and wives. Trent had gone to College Station on Friday morning but she thought he was coming back Saturday (he really wasn't coming home until Sunday afternoon). I left to run errands and go to my get together. They went to Cabela's and then were going to go visit Joan for awhile. I headed straight to Joan's. Michael, Kara, Sydney, Dean, Faye, Grandmom, Joan, Shon, Ryan and Slade were all there. When mom got there we hid in the kitchen and surprised her when she came in. She was definitely surprised. I was glad she didn't pick up on all of us wearing black that morning. Cooper was in navy because he doesn't have anything that is black. Everyone else was in black.

We had a good time. We visited and ate BBQ. Cooper took a nap from 6-8 so we were able to stay pretty late before we headed back to my house. I got several pictures from the night.


SURPRISE!!!







Kara had these shirts made. Aren't they so cute??




Uncle Dean brought Madison a Valentine present...so sweet.



one tired girl...

Happy 50th Birthday, Mom!! We hope you felt special and know that we all love you so much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You all did such a good job on surprising me. I am very blessed to have such a caring and "fun" family. Loved the shirts Kara made and all the guys in their black coats. It was GREAT !! Thank-you to all of you. I love you.
Mom