Thursday, February 11, 2010

SNOW DAY

When I crawled out of bed this morning I saw that Liberty was closed due to the snow. I proceeded to get ready and head out for school, leaving everyone at home sleeping. About 10 minutes after I left I got a text saying school was canceled. Honestly, by that point I would have rather just gone to school. Now we will have to make it up over Easter or in June. But I turned around and headed home. I made a quick stop at the donut store. I figured Madison would be excited about that.

When I got home she came running out of my room. She said "I was looking for you but you were at the donut store". She was excited to have her donut holes. I showed her all the snow in the backyard. She said "I need to put on my pink boots and run in that snow". After breakfast she put on her pink boots and did just that. We went out front and threw some snowballs at each other and then attempted to make a snowman. I'm not very good as you can see from the pictures. She had fun and that's all that matters!

It's been 3 hours since these were taken and it's still snowing like crazy. I can't imagine how it will look later this afternoon. We'll have to go out and get some more pictures.











2 comments:

The Mitchell Family said...

She's so adorable. I can't wait til this summer to see you guys. When can I come visit?? Do you have a random Monday off or something?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you and Madison are having a fun snow day. Hope you have had time for Hot Chocolate.

Grammy