Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ugh

I have not been feeling well for quiet some time now. This past week everything just seemed to get worse. My head and ears felt like they were going to explode. I couldn't stop coughing for the life of me. My whole body was sore from it. I knew it was probably a sinus infection so I decided to go to Rapid Med. I couldn't tell you the last time I went to the doctor. Probably high school or early college. It's been so long that I don't even remember. But, Trent was going on a men's sunday school retreat and I knew I'd be the sole parent in charge Friday and Saturday. I knew I couldn't do it feeling the way I was feeling. So I went in Friday right after school before picking up the kids.

I've been tested for strep before and it's not fun BUT I've never been tested for flu before. That is AWFUL!!!! I knew I didn't have either so it was frustrating knowing I didn't have it but having to suffer through it anyway. I did find out I had a double ear infection (didn't even know adults got ear infections) and a sinus/upper respiratory infection. I do not have pink eye though. He said my eyes were red from blood vessels due to all the pressure and swelling. I got two shots! yay! And then two antibiotics. Hopefully we're on the uphill. I feel like everyone in the family has been sick for the past month or two. We just keep passing it around.

Yesterday when I picked the kids up from daycare, I told Madison I had gone to the doctor. She asked if I got a shot. I told her I had to get two. Then she spent the whole night wanting to see my band aids. I am already feeling so much better! I'm so thankful I finally went in. Next time I won't wait so long. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moms don't have time to be sick.

Grammy

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better.
I know it is not fun!!!