Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Mommy, I already waked up"

Madison has been able to open doors for a LONG LONG time but for some reason she has never gotten out of bed to open her own door. Every morning she wakes up and starts calling for us to come get her. Randomly we'll remind her "remember, when you wake up just get out of bed and open your door. Then come find us".
This past Sunday night I said that to her. To my surprise, Monday morning I hear her door shut and she comes walking down the hallway (half smile on her face. The one she gets when she's trying not to smile) and she is SO PROUD of herself. I was too. That afternoon when I put her down for her nap I reminded her again to just get up and come find me. Nap ends and she calls my name and then remembers (I guess) because her door opens and here she comes. This time a little grumpy but still proud. That night we put her to bed. I can't remember if I remind her to get up in the morning or not. We said our prayers and she went to sleep...or so I thought. About 25 minutes goes by and the dogs start barking. I get up to see what they are barking at and here comes Madison down the hallway. She said, "I already waked up, Mommy" She was smiling really big.
Trent and I just laughed and laughed and laughed. It was so funny. Here we've spent over a year trying to get her to come out of her room when she wakes up and here she is telling us 'she waked up' at 8:30pm.
I explained to her that it wasn't time to wake up and she had to get back in bed until morning. She was fine with that. I tucked her back into bed and we didn't hear another peep from her all night. Trent had to wake her up this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish for!!!
HaHa
NaNa and Pa

Anonymous said...

What a cute photo, do we get one?

Grammy