Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day


Today was Madison's first day of Pre-School at Liberty and it was Cooper's first day back at Becky's from our summer break! I didn't get to see anyone this morning. I left at 6:30 and everyone was still asleep. I hear they had quiet the morning. When Trent went in to get Cooper he was met with the smell of throw-up. Cooper had thrown up and had it all over his bed. We had people coming to look at the house at 10:00 this morning so Trent had to get two kids dressed and clean up a messy bed. Then on the way out the door Madison smashed her finger in the door. Sounds like he had a fun first day of school morning :) I asked him to get some pictures of the kids. I'm sure he was really not into it after his morning but here you go:



Ms. Cheryl (secretary at Liberty) was AMAZING and went down to get some pictures of Madison for me this morning since I wasn't able to be there. Madison wouldn't look at her so I only posted a few. Madison had a GREAT day. She was not even excited to see me. She smiled real big and then right back to playing in the sand table. She didn't want to leave. It made me so sad but excited at the same time. I'm glad she likes it THAT much.


I tried to get a better picture of Cooper than Trent got but as you can see he is a mess! His shirt is covered in food. He did not have such a great day. :( I think his biggest problem was nap time. He's not used to sleeping in a room full of kids and ON A NAP MAT!!! He only slept 30 minutes. They said he cried most of the day if they weren't holding him. I feel so sorry for him. I think he'll continue to have rough days until he can get used to the sleeping arrangements. He was taking a 2 hour nap in the morning and another hour and a half to two hour nap in the afternoon. Then to go to 30 minutes. No wonder he was cranky! When he saw me he just lost it. He was crying so hard! It was like, "Mom why did you leave me here all day???" I felt so bad!


Look how happy he was once he got in the car! :) My baby is glad to be going home. He's in his bed now. We got home at 5:00. I figured I would let him sleep until 6:00 and then I'll wake him up for dinner, bath and some play time before he goes back to bed at 8:00. Let's pray for a better day for him tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He loves his Momma.
Nana

Grammy Laurie said...

Madison looks very pretty and Cooper very cute, on their first day back. I hope Cooper had a better (more restful) day today.