Saturday, August 21, 2010

WHAT A WEEK!!

This past week has been SO CRAZY! It doesn't help that it was my first week back to work so I was exhausted.
Sunday we were in Celina all day celebrating Trent's 30th birthday with his family. We got home that evening and Mom came to town to babysit the kids for a few days.
Monday- I worked from 7-5ish. Trent worked 7-4ish and came home for a quick birthday meal and was back out the door for Upper School Parent Orientation from 6:30-9:00.
Tuesday- I worked all day. Trent worked in the morning and then did yard work all afternoon. Mom took the kids to eat with Michael and Joan. We were all home by 4:30. Mom started cooking dinner and we got a call at 5:15 to show the house IMMEDIATELY! So we turned dinner off, got in the car and drove around for 30 minutes. We got back home. Mom finished dinner while Trent and I got ready for Madison's Parent Orientation. We left for that at 6:30 and got home at 9:00.
Wednesday- Trent and I worked all day. Dad & Laurie came around 2:30 to watch kids and mom went home. We had a quick dinner and Trent was back out the door for his 3rd Parent Orientation. He had to go to the middle school one because he teaches one middle school class. He got home around 8:30.
Thursday- I worked from 7-12:30. I came home to get Madison and take her up to Liberty for her Meet the teacher. We met up with Trent once we got there. We stayed there for about an hour. Trent took her back home and then went back to school for his football scrimmage. I went back to work to prepare for my Parent Orientation that night. I didn't get home until after 8:30. Dad & Laurie took the kids shopping and to eat and they didn't get home until close to 9:00. Trent was home around 10:00
Friday- Trent had team pictures/preparing for next weeks game at school til 2:30. I worked all day and had my meet the teacher during that time. Laurie left to go back to Abilene that morning so Dad was left with the kids most of the day. He survived and so did the kids! I got home around 4:30 and he headed to Michael's for the night. We loaded up all of Cooper's stuff for daycare and took it up there that way Trent wouldn't have too much to take on Monday morning.

Needless to say this was ONE CRAZY BUSY week! It's so different having one of our own that has stuff to be at now. Between the two of us we had 4 Parent Orientations and 2 Meet the Teacher's and too many meetings to count! I'm ready for another summer vacation! :) If I can just get through next week I think we'll be ok. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a great time there with you all. You two did have such a busy week. Hope you recoup quick. The kids were alot of fun. You really get to see their personalities when you are there alone with them.
Nana