Sunday, November 28, 2010

Yvonne comes to Abilene

Our Aunt Yvonne came to visit from Massachusetts. She was coming for a week and staying through Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, this wasn't my year to be home with my family! Michael had to work the day after Thanksgiving so he wasn't going to be home either. We decided to go visit her the weekend before Thanksgiving. Trent was still playing football at the time so he wasn't able to make it. (He was in Austin and they ended up losing their game. This is the first time in 6 years that he's been finished with football before Thanksgiving)
Michael and I decided to just ride together. So Friday after school, I loaded up the kids and Rosco and we headed to Bedford to pick up Michael and his two dogs! Yes, that's 3 dogs, 2 kids and 2 adults all in the truck! We were stuck in traffic forever so we didn't get to Abilene until around 9:30 Friday night. Since the kids had slept most of the way they were awake and ready to play...until around midnight!
We split our time and days between Mom and Dad. It was great to see everyone and visit with Yvonne. She is the exact same. Crazy as ever. We had a relaxing weekend despite Cooper's fussiness. I don't think he was feeling well. I don't think Michael will have kids anytime soon, if he was even thinking about it before this trip.


Cooper watchin the Aggies with his Papa!


I love this picture! She was talking his ear off most of the weekend. She sure loves her Uncle Michael.



Cooper had some new blocks waiting for him at Grammy & Papa's. Madison took over and built a huge tower! This was the first of many!


She had so much fun playing with Papa! Cooper had so much fun watching. Every once in awhile he'd run over and join in but he had more fun watching.


Nanny & Papa


Visiting on the back porch!


Madison and Papa picking up pecans! She also got to jump in piles of leaves "because it's fall". She read about it in fall books at school. She was excited that she got to do it too!

I really didn't take any pictures that I intended to take...Yvonne with the kids and such. I guess I'll do that when she's back in another 5+ years :/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were some great pics. I sure enjoyed you all.
Nana