Sunday, January 1, 2012

And her name will be...




Karsyn McKay Vest


Yay! With 2 or 3 weeks left she finally has a name! We have been pretty set on Karsyn but were having a hard time with a middle name. We originally had wanted Carson McKay for a boy back when we were pregnant with Cooper. They were our two boy names. Then my brother dated a girl awhile back who was named Carson and Trent and I both thought, that's cute for a girl too. He actually decided he liked it better for a girl. Anyways, we really didn't talk about it much until we knew what we were having. Then we still didn't really talk about it. I sent him a list of 10+ middle names and he never really said yes or no. On Christmas Eve I was talking with his aunt telling her how we had wanted Carson McKay for a boy and we were having a hard time finding a middle name for girl Karsyn and Trent said he still like McKay. That was it. He said something he liked and I agreed to it. :) Yay! Now we just need little miss Karsyn to join our family!

This pregnancy has been very similar to my others. I was sick for the first 21 weeks. I'm gaining a lot of weight (like I did with Madison) I'm starting to swell (like I did with Madison but I did MUCH sooner with her). The swelling in my hands is causing them to feel like they are asleep most of the night. It's awful. Between my 6 trips to the bathroom (no joke), my AWFUL heartburn and my arms/hands that are tingling I do not get much sleep. I'm ready to at least be up with a sweet baby at night.

At my last sonogram, I think around 34 weeks, she was measuring in the 80%. She was 4lbs. My doctor is going to do another sonogram on Thursday to see where she's at. If she's still measuring that big then he will take her the following week, at 38 weeks. If she's within normal range then he will induce at 39 weeks. Which means, I only have 2 full weeks left and then she'd be here!!

I can't believe the time has come. I thought I slacked with Cooper. It was nothing compared to this sweet baby.
Because our house didn't sell, we are still in a 3 bedroom and because our rooms are kind of small Trent designed these loft bunk beds for the kids. Madison and Cooper will be sharing a room until Karsyn is old enough to move in with Madison and then Cooper can have his own room again. Anyways, the beds are being made and are not finished so Cooper is still in what will become the nursery. Needless to say, there is no nursery yet. It's still filled with trucks, balls, cars and sports stuff. I did finally get all of Madison's clothes down from the attic to go through. My next step is to get all the bedding down and get it washed and ready. She will be here before we know it. Cooper came two weeks early. If she follows suit she will be here within the week! CRAZY!!!

We are all so excited and can't wait to meet our third and final addition to our family! Madison is so excited and asks everyday when her sister is going to be here. Cooper kisses and hugs my belly but I'm not sure he really understands a real live baby will be joining our family soon. We will keep everyone updated.

3 comments:

johny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pour partager ma mode said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Grammy Laurie said...

Love it!