Sunday, January 22, 2012

and then there were 5...


Mom came to stay with us the night before I was induced. Since she was here we were able to go to the hospital and leave the two bigger kids home with her. It was so nice not having to worry about getting them somewhere. The morning of my induction we got up about 7:15 and got everything gathered up and headed to the hospital around 7:45. I grabbed a Nutra Grain bar on my out the door. That was a mistake. I should have eaten a lot more because I spent most of the day STARVING!! :) We were supposed to get checked in at 8:00 and then Dr. Wilson was going to come check me around 8:30 so we could get things started...Apparently the drop in temperature sent A LOT of women into labor the night before because they were running behind and busy!


We finally got into the room around 9:00 and Dr. Wilson came by around 10:30. After he left the nurse started me on pitocin...or so we thought. About 45 min after she 'started' the meds I had to use the restroom. It was then we noticed she had never connected the tube to my IV. Nice!!! I was so irritated. Around 11:30 they re-started (or started) the meds. As soon as they did I started feeling some pretty strong contractions. They were getting to be only a few minutes apart but the anesthesiologist was in a c-section and wouldn't be out for another 45 minutes so they had to lower the pitocin and we had to wait again...I was getting real tired of waiting. He finally came in and gave me my epidural around 1:30 and Dr. Wilson came back over around 2:30 and broke my water. As soon as he did that my contractions were coming and I was feeling EVERYTHING! My nurse went home sick and the anesthesiologist was in another c-section!! I didn't have anyone coming in to check on me for a long time and then when they did it was far and few between. Sometime after 4:00 I remember telling Trent I was feeling a lot of pressure. They checked me and I was a 6, only 15-20 min later I was an 8 and before long I was a 10 and ready to push. There was a problem though...NO ONE WAS IN THERE WITH ME BUT TRENT!!! He went and told the nurses and they said my nurse was busy. I don't think he was very happy with that response and told them someone needed to get in there with me because I was ready to have the baby. The finally came in and realized I did know what I was talking about. Probably too much information but, the nurse literally held Karsyn in until they could get Dr. Wilson over. He got there and Karsyn was here within a few pushes.

Our sweet baby girl, Karsyn McKay Vest, was born at 4:56pm on Wednesday January 18th, 2012. She was 7lbs 9oz and 18 1/2 " long.


(they go by the computer time, not the wall clock so the time is a little off for the picture)






Karsyn & Dr. Wilson

Trent and I spent some time with her by ourselves before we started letting people in. After we had our time, he went and got Madison and Cooper. We were able to have some 'family' time before all the other visitors flooded in...

Madison finally getting to hold her little sister. She has been waiting on this day for 9months!


classic!


After we had some family time, we let the Grandparents come in. It was only my mom and Trent's parents. Dad, Laurie and Ron were not able to make it.



Our first family picture as a family of 5!!!

Then we started letting in the aunts, uncles and cousins!

Kara drove from Abilene for the day. I felt bad that she was here all day and only got to hold Karsyn for a few minutes before she had to leave and head back home.

Michael was there

Bart's family (minus Ross)

Madison and Trent squeezed in another turn...


And last but not least...Zack and his family (Eli was in the waiting room)
Joan, Dean, and Seth had all been there earlier in the day but had to leave before Karsyn made her appearance. Everyone was gone by 8pm and Trent and I had the rest of the evening to relax and enjoy our newest baby girl! The big kids went to Celina with Trent's parents so it was nice to not have to worry about them for the night.

The next day we had a few more visitors--Michael had a case at the hospital so he came for a long time. It was nice to have someone to visit with. Our pastor and LIFE group teacher came and so did Melanie. Then we had people coming to take pictures, the birth certificate lady, the people who do the hearing test along with all the nurses coming in and out. I was thankful that I did not have to stay 2 nights! This is the first pregnancy that I was able to leave the very next day!


The nursery did her hair. I didn't love it.








We were discharged around 5pm on Thursday night! We were so ready to get home. I don't think we realized how tired we'd be once we got home and had the 2 big kids back.

Our sweet girl all ready to venture out in the world...


These two were SO excited to get home and see their sister again! Trent and I realized within about 10 minutes that our relaxing time was OVER! Ha! It's definitely busy and there is never a dull moment with a 4 year old, 2 year old and newborn. We wouldn't trade it for anything. We are blessed with 3 beautiful, healthy children! We couldn't ask for more.

1 comment:

Grammy Laurie said...

Very pretty, all your babies are. I need new posts on the blog now :)
Grammy