Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Karsyn's first week

Karsyn - 2 days old

Cooper isn't very interested in holding Karsyn a lot but he does LOVE to sit beside her. He'll always ask, "Can I kiss her?"


Karsyn 3 days old


We were getting ready to head out for her first doctor appointment! I went by myself and Trent stayed home with the two big kids. She had dropped to 6 lbs 12oz since we had left the hospital. But our dr didn't seem very concerned and said she should start eating more and gaining her weight back. Other than that, she checked out great!


Madison LOVES to take pictures of Karsyn. She's actually pretty good at it.

When I had Karsyn my mom was here but she left a few hours later to go back home. We had decided it would be more helpful if she came back when Trent went back to work. She had originally planned to stay from Wednesday - Tuesday but Trent was off Wednesday - Monday so I would have had all this help and then all of a sudden no help. Mom decided to come in for the birth, go home and come back on Sunday. I know that made it harder on her but we appreciated it so much! She came in Sunday evening and stayed until Friday afternoon! It was WONDERFUL! She cooked, cleaned, helped with all the kids, and went grocery shopping everyday (because we always forgot something). The kids LOVED having her here.

Karsyn 5 days old


She helped me give Karsyn her first sponge bath. She had spit up all over herself so I couldn't wait until that night. Trent missed it but he had a clean smelling baby girl to hold when he got home.


My girls!


Karsyn 6 days old


I did awful and didn't take many pictures at all while Mom was here.




When she's awake she is SO alert. She has been since the minute she was born. She loves for us to talk to her. She hates for her diaper to be changed. She likes to snuggle and prefers us to hold her while she sleeps. She's sleeping about 4 hours at night. I have to wake her up during the day to feed her. She doesn't like to be swaddled. We just cover her up with a blanket, which makes me nervous because I'm afraid she's going to get it over her head so I'm constantly checking on her. She likes to sit in her pink chair and gets held by her big sister every night.


This little boy will sure miss his Nana. She's made a big breakfast every morning that she was here. We normally don't let our kids sit on the table and watch tv while they eat but I guess anything goes when Nana is here. :)


And I'll end with this. :)

1 comment:

RanAshKenCoop said...

Courtney! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her. I love her big eyes - she reminds me of Madison so much. Two things: 1. Reading this made me tired. Thinking of having three kids makes me tired. I will pray for you. :) And 2. Isn't it wonderful when your mom is there! I just love it - so much help! Anyway, great post! Hope you're doing well! See you soon!