Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day in Abilene

 We went to Abilene for Mother's Day weekend. We got in late Friday night and spent the night with Mom. On Saturday the kids planted flowers with Pa, we visited with Kara and just hung out. It was nice and relaxing.

 Mom, Madison and I went to visit Grandmom for a little while on Saturday morning. She was doing well. She talked with us and held onto the girls a lot. She kept wanting to hold Madison's hand and Karsyn's feet. She LOVED touching Karsyn's feet. It was so sweet. I'm so thankful she's been able to see Karsyn twice now. I want more than anything for her to know my sweet baby girl while she's still with us.

Saturday afternoon we went over to Dad and Laurie's. We ate a great dinner and watched Dad and Trent put a little bit of wood down. Dad and Laurie are in the process of re-doing their living room floors.

On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day all together. It was wonderful. We all (Mom, Ron, Michael, Randy, Dad, Laurie, Nanny & Papa and David along with my family) had lunch at Grandmom's. Mom said it was silly for us to have to run all over and decided to have one big family meal. I loved having everyone together. It was nice being home and being with family. I was thankful we got to spend one more Mother's Day with my Grandmom.  Her nurse got her dressed up, put make up on her and earrings. It was sweet. It didn't look anything like her but it was such a sweet gesture.


 Nanny & Papa with Karsyn



 Grammy & Karsyn





4 Generations 


3 Generations

No comments: